Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cookies for everyone.

I really am trying to get this baking thing going. and I've been thinking about it, and maybe I should be posting some healthier recipes, but. . . . I just don't like making healthy food as I do delicious fattening baked goods.  Plus, I work out, so that means I can eat whatever I want, right? This is what I tell myself. PS...Jillian Michaels is AWESOME.  


So anyways, I bought those hershey's Cookies and Creme bites awhile back and decided to try out some choco-cookies and creme cookies. And they are. . .  just delightful. 




Preheat oven to 375.


1 C butter room temp
1 1/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C dark cocoa powder (I used Nestle Tollhouse, which is regular coca powder)
2 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp sea salt (I thought I might be on sugar overload and added the whole sea salt crystals for a change up and a little bit more of it too)
1 tsp baking powder
1 C mini semi-sweet choc chips (I used 1 C of regular milk choc chips and I enjoyed it fine).
12 oz. hershey's cookies and creme drops (seen above in photo...the bags I found war 8 oz each, so you'll need two)


In stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. On low speed, add eggs and vanilla until combined. Add cocoa powder, and after thoroughly incorporated, add rest of dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and then the cookies and creme drops.  Drop cookie dough by large spoonfuls onto baking sheets. My batch made about 23 cookies.  Cook for 10-14 minutes.  Mine took around 14, and they were perfect. They don't expand much, so don't let that fool you! Let cool on a wire rack, or consume immediately, as I did. I stored the remains in an airtight container at room temperature. 


:)


No comments:

Post a Comment